How We Are Protecting You
Thank you for all you’re doing to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Our community has been through a lot during the pandemic, and all of us are looking forward to safely resuming normal activities. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Aside from our strict sterilization and infection control protocols, we are adding new systems and procedures to protect patients and staff.
Precautions We Are Taking
- We will communicate with you before appointments to ask screening questions and will reschedule appointments for anyone with symptoms that may be related to COVID-19.
- We ask our patients to avoid bringing companions to their appointments unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Body temperature will be taken for all patients and companions. Temperature is also recorded daily for all staff members.
- New scheduling protocols have been implemented to reduce waiting times, and to limit the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. You may be asked to wait in your car before entering the building.
- Patients and companions will wear a mask all the time while not receiving dental care.
- All patients and visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office, and before and after entering treatment rooms.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or reading materials since those items are difficult to disinfect.
- All common areas will be sanitized periodically during the day.
Air quality – prevention of potential airborne transmission:
- Use an antimicrobial rinse to reduce bacterial and viral concentration in the mouth prior to procedures.
- Modification of the intraoral high volume vacuum/suction system to capture aerosols during procedures.
- An extraoral suction device will be used to add a third layer of protection during aerosol-producing procedures.
- Foggers will be used to deliver an environmentally friendly disinfectant effective against harmful bacteria and COVID-19 in between patients.
Common office areas:
- Implementation of electrostatic sprayers for sanitation and disinfection of our entire facility. We use a safe and environmentally-friendly product approved by the EPA as effective against COVID-19. The electrostatic delivery system allows us to more efficiently and effectively disinfect treatment rooms and common areas.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the changes we are implementing. You can communicate with us via email at email@example.com or by calling us at 650-508-1668.
Dr. Marc Schwartz and Team